Our project includes two main elements - internship program and presentation of good practices of Varna to an international audience.
The internship program at the Youth Information Consulting Center enables students to gain practical experience in a real organizational environment. It is in line with our principles of creating shared value and commitment to community-based initiatives to support young people and enable smooth entry into a professional environment. Trainees have the opportunity not only to get acquainted with the functioning of the organization, but also to be involved in real case studies and projects. In this way, they acquire knowledge and experience that prepares them for their successful career.
Within the framework of the project we are planning 3 presentations of the European Youth Capital and good practices of Varna in front of international audiences in the framework of major youth international events - in Azerbaijan, Romania and Montenegro.
If you want to find a good job after university, you must have a little more than good grades and participation in extracurricular activities. Employers look favorably on these things, but they are not enough. According to a large number of business representatives, the perfect candidate among young graduates is the one who can also boast real work experience. Within our project we will offer a structured model for acquiring knowledge, skills and working habits in a real working atmosphere to help the student learn more about their professional interests and gain valuable knowledge and experience in different fields. The trainee will work like any other MIKC employee but will be mentored, supervised and trained, will test their skills and interests. The internship program is designed so that, in addition to gaining knowledge and practical experience, students will be able to orientate themselves in the respective professions and thus be able to determine whether these professions meet their interests and abilities. The study of different areas will help them decide which best suits the interests, passions and objectives. And who is not at all about them!
At MIKC Scout, trainees will be involved in activities aimed at providing up-to-date information, training and advice to young people, youth workers, youth NGOs from Varna, giving priority to young people with fewer opportunities. In the year in which Varna is the European Youth Capital, we support initiatives related to the title of young people, local formal and informal groups. We organize trainings for youth leaders, youth workers, youth organizations, active young people, on topics that are of interest to them and are important for ensuring the sustainability of the organization's membership, such as: teamwork, leadership skills, youth NGO management, Communication and presentation skills, volunteer management, youth participation, civic education, social skills, funding and fundraising, European citizenship, career guidance and career development, intercultural skills and work in a multicultural environment.
The main focus of the program at our center are young and those who work with and for them. We want to be recognized as a laboratory for innovation in the youth field, offering flexible and adequate conditions for activities using non-formal education methodology and offering an atmosphere appropriate and conducive to the development of innovation capacity. We are developing activities that support young people to become actors of social change, multiply social impact, influence youth policy, and not just those aimed at their individual development and progress. A new direction in our work is the introduction of evening and night activities for young people at MIKC Scout. In unusual hours, we create space for sustainable alternatives for entertainment, meetings, contacts and training through a wide range of activities that satisfy the youngsters' tastes and preferences - a new opportunity to recreate their free time as a model for preventing various forms of aggressive behavior and Dependencies. Naturally, as a scout, all our activities are based on the basic principles and methods of work laid down in the Scouting Method - learning by action, focusing on non-formal education, outdoor activities, in close connection with the natural environment and interaction of individual team members .
In addition to providing students with practical experience in a real organizational environment, we want to present our best practices in the youth field as well as Varna as the European Youth Capital of 3 major international youth events - the World Scout Conference In Baku, Azerbaijan, the annual meeting of Scout organizations from Southeast Europe in Montenegro and the International Scout Jamboree in Romania. Within these events, we will be able to present the European Youth Capital to several thousand young people and youth workers not only from Europe but practically from all over the world.
The aim of our project is:
- to build a good relationship between the youth non-governmental sector and the higher education institutions to facilitate the realization of the students on the labor market;
- provide practical training in a real work environment and current projects;
- build on the theoretical knowledge of students and acquire new skills and competences, be evaluated and learn to achieve a visible and clear result of their activity;
- provide inspirational examples of social innovation;
- to support young people's entrepreneurial attitudes;
- issue certificates and recommendations to facilitate the further professional realization of trainees;
- to help students orient themselves in the profession and thus to be able to determine whether this profession meets their interests and abilities;
- to stimulate the growth of the number of students who are in employment immediately after graduation;
- to create a sustainable community for the continued development of our organization;
- to improve the quality and increase the amount of the activities of the MIKC "Scout";
- to assess the potential of practitioners and to select our future staff;
- to present good practices in the field of youth in the field of youth to an international audience that can be adapted and applied abroad;
- to raise awareness of Varna as a European Youth Capital among the European Youth.