Concept design for the construction of a multifunctional sports and recreation zone in Varna 's quarter of Levski aims to offer optimal options for the revitalization of two non - adjacent urban terrains - inter - block spaces located in the residential quarter of Levski.
The public space for improvement is over 7 000 sq.m.
The activities included in the implementation of the project proposal involve the participation of stakeholders, representatives of the target group to generate ideas and share their views for the best absorption and saturation with functions of the two terrains, which are the subject of the conceptual design.
At a next stage of the implementation of the project proposal it is envisaged to present the developed conceptual projects to the attention of the decision makers for the implementation of local policies on urban development and discussing its functionality, applicability and adequacy from an institutional point of view.
The concept design for the construction of a multifunctional sports and recreation zone in Levski Quarter, Varna is aimed at the development and socialization of inter - blocked spaces (non - adjacent terrains) located south of ”Hristo Smirnenski Blvd".
The first plot has an area of 3 938 sq.m., represents an urbanized area with the following boundaries: "Hristo Smirnenski" Blvd., bl. 14 and bl. 15 - dormitory of TU - Varna, parking lot and local street.
The second terrain has an area of 4 999 square meters, an urbanized territory with the following boundaries: a local street from all sides
The area for improvement is 7,937m2. To date on one of the terrains there is a kids playground, and on the other one - a concrete site meant for play ground.
There are no complexes or other configurations with a recreational and recreational function in the area that are in operation or under construction in favor of the residents of the area.
The essence of the present project proposal is the elaboration of a concept design for the revitalization of the above - described terrains and architectural maquettes to visualize the potential of the terrains to become two modern multifunctional sports and recreation zones for the residents and guests of Levski district, Varna.
The achievement of these results will reflect in the initiation of a public discussion / debate / whose main goal is to promote the idea and find public support that will support its subsequent realization.
Concept design for construction of a multifunctional sports and recreation zone in Levski district of Varna has as main purpose to offer adequate and feasible options for conversion of two non - adjacent urban terrains, located in a densely populated residential part of Varna, in an attractive and known area, designed for sports and recreation activities mainly by the young population of Varna.
The revitalization of the existing spaces currently including a free space, a playground and a children's playground will be achieved by including sports grounds of a different type, including: a modern and secure playground for children, mini football, volleyball , Basketball, tennis, fitness and more.
In this regard, the specific objectives of the project include:
1. To organize a working group that, in the form of a workshop, generates ideas for land redevelopment;
2. Establish the restrictive conditions for the construction of the specific terrains laid down in the general development plan of the city of Varna;
3. To perform an architectural capture of the terrains;
4. To develop an architectural conceptual design for each terrain;
5. Present the developed conceptual projects to the decision-makers for implementing local policies on urban development and discussing its functionality, applicability from the institutional point of view.
6. To develop architectural models for visualization of the conceptual projects after their discussion;
7. To initiate and carry out a public debate on the feasibility of implementing the project ideas with the participation of stakeholders and decision-makers and to stimulate civic participation of young people in the city of Varna.