The project “Sailing School Varna” will be developed from youngsters. The project is commercial, sport and tourism product targeting the youthful audience. Itwill represent Varna as a youthful destination with an adventurous spirit. As well the project will develop Varna as a place of maritime challenges. The course will be held in “Kapt.G.Georgiev - Port Varna”, on a board of yacht "Konrad 25R", within ten astronomical hours (2 hours theory/ 8 hours practice). The courses will be provided during the weekend’s evenings.
The activities will be implementedfromyouth team (students, young professionals) andleader, coordinator, skipper (certified shipmaster up to 40GT) and six assistant skippers, all of them members of“Kapt. G. Georgiev - Port Varna”, with significant practical sailing skills acquired through informal training in the Club. Within the the project, the assisting skippers will build up their sailing knowledge and maintain professional training course “Shipmaster of 40 GT vessel”. Thereby the youngsters will develop their qualifications and work competitiveness in a specific Varna’smarine touristic industry.
The raised possibility for future development and exploitation of the“Sailing Course”during the next touristic seasons is a future successful commercialization.
Formed team of young people will develop, offer and manage the presented marketing product “Sailing Course”. It will be provided utilizing the facilities and resources of Yacht Club “Kapt.G.Georgiev - Port Varna”, as well as a network of business partners (declarations applied). The “Sailing Course” will be promoted to Varna’s citizens and tourist through special designed information campaign. The product “Sailing Course” is relatedwith training and recreational tourism activities in order to find a stable place on a market and to achieve financial sustainability. The project will start with education - selected team of young people will be trained and qualified as a profesional skippers. Together with the additional qualification received they will met the opportunity to develop their career while working and supporting the project.
According to designed schedule the capacity of the “Sailing Course” product, will reach the training of 96 young people (10 will be trained for free as volunteers for the advertising andinformationalcampaign). who want to buy the proposed course. They will be trainedas a practical sailors. One professional skipper together with assistant skipper /both included in the project’s target group/ will provide the course, from the project target group. The successful participants will receive certificates.
Description of the tourist product "Sailing Course":
• It will be held in the city of Varna, in the special prepared and suitable for sailing activities Yacht Club “Capt. G. Georgiev”.
• Theoretical 2-hours training will be provide by a qualified coach with a long-term experience and professional license from the National Sports Academy"Vasil Levski".
• The practical exercises /8 hours duration/ will be provided at the "Konrad 25R" (Petterson) sports yacht - one of the most popular monotype and state sailing class and property of the club, with a sailing permit for 6 people (2 crew and 4 passengers - learners). After the completing the training and certification of six skippers, they will be assigned to six club’s yachts to complete the commercial product.
• The training and sailing will be conducted by a professional skipper /German and English language skilled/, assisted by an internship skipper from the project team (the youngsters will help on a rotating principe).
• Life jackets will be provided. The yacht is fully rescue equipped according the requirements.
• Life insurance will be conducted for all participants in the course as well as for the project team.Special statements of information will be prepared and signed.
• The "Sailing Course" will take place on weekends and on weekdays late afternoons (12 weeks) between 24 July and 15 October, which will cover a maximum of 96 trained youths.
• For the above mentioned period the training price of BGN 7 per hour is promotional. /BGN 70 total price/Just for comparison - the approximated price for similar course in Europe is 35 € per hour). The expected income is BGN 6020. The amount will cover the young team’s salaries so they can continue its work over the realization of the product during the next tourist season.
• The 2-day’s sailing training will be offered on the touristic market by two major tour operators /project partners/ whose target groups are young tourists. We expect more partnerships to be completed during the implementation of the project.
The project’s aim is to create younger team of skippers and sailing crews involved in the“Capt. G.Georgiev” activities. Along with this the project will open the access to the club’s facilities and will create sustainable environment for sailing development among the Varna’s young people and it’s tourist guests.
As well the project will open a new horizons for innovative and creative product - “Sailing Course” which will be able to ensure the sustainable development of the sailing in Varna and especially in the Club. On the other hand the project will rise the opportunities for professional development in the recreational marine industry fields for the youngsters.
To project will promote the sailing opportunity in two main directions:
• Creating of a favorable opportunity for youngster’s career development assured by Shipmaster up to 40 GRT certification;
• Creating of an innovative marine product targeting the touristic and local market for outdoor extreme sports.